My Katie had her first real day at Kindergarten on Tues.. Full class and full day. I dropped her off in the car line and she walks to the other side of the school to find her class. ALL BY HERSELF!!! No tears! "Mom, I know, I know, I can find my own class"! As I wait in the car line I see Katie standing there quiet and with a big smile on her face. I am so proud. God gave Ron and me the tools to give Katie her self confidence. It is so exciting but, also hard to watch her already starting to spread her wings. The first thing she says when she gets in the car is, " I HATE Andrew, he doesn't want to be my best friend anymore and I HATE him.!" I told Katie she was just mad b/c Andrew hurt her feelings b/c he wants to have a lot of friends not just her. She agreed.
So we get home and Brandy next door calls and asks out to join her and the kids for dinner. I agreed and her daughter Kaleigh rode with us. Kaleigh is in kindergarten too. Kaleigh said, "ME and Katie were mean to a little girl today!" I couldnt' believe it. I was so shocked my little girl was mean to someone. And, ON PURPOSE!!! Kaleigh said this little girl kept trying to play with them and was whining the girls weren't playing with her. Kaleigh mimicked the girl and it sounded just like Katie does when we play with Andrew who is in kindergarten too. "Why won't you play with me? I just want to play with you?" Kaleigh went on to say they were mean b/c Katie was the one who didn't want to play with the little girl.
Then we arrive to the restaurant and the girls were jumping the booths and spinning around on the table. I was so shocked. I guess my little lady is learning things just fine at school.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment